To fix some Chromebook problems, you might need to reset your Chromebook hardware, also called a hard reset.
To perform a hard reset on your Chromebook, follow the steps below:
1. Save and close all application windows such as Chrome browser and Squid.
2. Power off your Chromebook by either holding down the power button then selecting "Power Off" or selecting the System Tray in the bottom right corner of the screen and selecting the power button.
3. Plug the Chromebook into its charger.
4. Press and hold the refresh button ( ) and tap the power button. The power button is located in the middle of the right side of the Lenovo Chromebooks and the top left side of the Dell Chromebooks.
Lenovo Chromebook 500e (Gen 2 and Gen 3)
Dell Chromebook 519
5. When your Chromebook starts up, release the refresh button ( ).
6. Log into your Chromebook using your SSO credentials (<username>@uscstudents.org and password)